Friday, April 26, 2013

Poetry

excerpts from upcoming publication, Frequency (c)copyright 2013hamdani

Frequency

I blow a kiss to the universe in honor of its obedience to God
in the gifts it has given me.
I will not blame its mirror for what I see,
nor judge what was, what is or what might have been.

Through love, I have heard what was said and embraced
truth and judgment of words unspoken to me but relayed,
as a baton with a universal ear, a graceful assignment.

I wink at the seed not yet grown, and salute the womb of earth for its carry
for the future is already known, its legs already grown,
its heartbeat already a separate entity only a moment in womb shall it tarry.

New beginnings are not new, only remnants of the past reborn,
seeds now grown from work unfinished into a plant that heals;
yet plants also transform.


Grateful that love passed this way again, a notion of what might have been
a footnote to those who seek a better stay and life...but a bulb in the universe
that they may find their way.

A mysterious frequency...a past to self-correct,
 in the twinkling of an eye it pass us by;
two vehicles traveling in opposite directions 
but on the same path, for life is but a circle,
and freedom a map, a gift, given not to the perfect
but to those who have pursued perfection.
Oh, how short I have fallen to the glory of its wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. "...a graceful assignment."

    "...i wink at the seed not yet grown...only for a moment in the womb shall it tarry."

    AND "...freedom a map", ahhh, these are refreshing.

    ReplyDelete